As a customer of CarBuyingMachine we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal date in the course of our business with you. Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
“CarBuyingMachine” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“CarBuyingMachine.com” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 1, 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email, telephone number or IP address.
We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person at our branches.
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about receiving goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to receiving goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity and proof of income.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties including driving licence details.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offer.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- In order that we can discuss finance agreements and settlements with vehicle finance companies on your behalf if required.
- In order for us to verify your identity.
- To contact you during the car purchasing process.
- To make reasonably acceptable contact with you after the car purchasing process – i.e. to request a service review.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
Marketing and Sharing Personal Data
We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to, on occasion inform you about relevant products and offers after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. It is your option not to receive marketing communications and you can withdraw your consent at any stage.
Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendments to your marketing preference you can do so by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be instances where we share your personal data with 3rd party organisations where it would be reasonable to do so, these include:
- Finance companies where you have entered into a Finance Agreement.
- Insurance companies and Warranty companies depending on products purchased or provided with any car sale.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data:
- To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We may use your personal information to contact you for reasons that we consider are in our commercial interests and / or the interests of our customers. We consider these legitimate interest to be:
- To contact our customers in order to gain feedback in to the service we have provided and what we did well or badly.
- To contact our customers to remind them of online valuations.
Security of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Our cookies may records details of:
- Online valuation reference
- Online valuation
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Vehicle model
- Vehicle colour
- Vehicle transmission
- Vehicle engine size
- Vehicle sample image
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the features of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We will issue your personal information through our network of agents to provide you with a car purchasing service. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As a result of CarBuyingMachine processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide your with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some / all of your personal date which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The Right to Data Portability)
Data Protection Officer
Should you have any concerns or questions about how we process and store your personal data please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling or your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner`s Office via the following:
How it works
At CarBuyingMachine we come to your choice of location, home, work or other at your convenience. All our valuations are 100% no obligation. For more information visit our FAQs page.
We DO NOT charge any fees, the price you are offered is what we will pay if your description is fair and accurate.